Junk Food Detox: Days 3 & 4 Recap
August 29, 2013 § 1 Comment
Well, I’ve been on a bit of a slow spiral downward. Today was ROUGH. I’m not gonna lie. I felt increasingly hungry as the day went on – I ate breakfast late which I think may have had a downhill effect. But, bottom line, today is the successful completion of Day 4 on my Junk Food Detox!
Yesterday was just ok. I had to eat lunch out – that is really becoming a pain! But at least I was able to go to one of my fav’s Dandelion and get organic wholesome food. Here’s a recap of what I ate:
- Breakfast – coffee with coconut cream & kiwi, raspberries, walnuts
- Lunch – Hempy hummus with celery & carrot (no chips!), side salad w/ balsamic (no sugar)
- Afternoon snack – finally finished off that quinoa from Monday
- Dinner – sauteed zucchini & mushroom with ginger, jalapeno, garlic
- Evening – detox tea & kiwi
As I said today was just plain hard. I really should have gone to the grocery store last night but I just didn’t have the energy – must go tomorrow! I had to grab breakfast on the way to work today so I stopped at Panera and got the oatmeal with blueberries and pecans and no sugar. I’m not sure if this classifies as “not processed” but I figured it was as wholesome as it was gonna get. At least today I skipped the coffee creamer. The day just slowly wore on and I got more and more hungry and was ravished by dinner. Again, no energy for the grocery store so I threw together a salad. Here’s what today’s rundown looked like:
- Breakfast – Panera oatmeal with blueberries and pecans (no cinnamon sugar) and black coffee
- Lunch – leftover sauteed veggies from last night’s dinner
- Afternoon snack – smoothie (blueberries, cacao, maca, chia, almonds, almond milk ice – NO sugar and boy did I miss it!)
- Dinner – Baby kale salad with corn, peppers, avocado, and citrus vinaigrette (lemon, lime, olive oil)
- Evening snack – pistachios & raspberries, detox tea
I have to say if I had a bag of potato chips right now – they would be GONE. So here I am sipping on tea and reminding myself this is just a hurdle and to keep going. Tomorrow is day 5!
Want to learn more about my #21daysofclean?