10 Days of No Processed Junk!
September 4, 2013 § 1 Comment
Today marks 10 days on my Junk Food Detox – 10 days without processed crap. No cartons, boxes, jars, etc. except for my few exceptions discussed here. So far so good. I do have to admit I’ve felt hungry but that is subsiding. It isn’t that I’m actually hungry – it is just that I’m craving things. I was at Panera today and almost went nuts on the pastry bar. But I resisted the indulgence and right now I’m preparing these to fix my sweet tooth.
I meant to provide a daily recap but haven’t been keeping very good track. You can follow along on Twitter @VSDieguez as I’ve been posting most of my daily recaps there.
Here are some of the goodies I’ve been enjoying the past few days:
- lots of smoothies
- chocolate avocado pudding
- salads overflowing with veggies and dressed with balsamic vinegar and oil
- pears, apples, kiwi, raspberries, blueberries, carrot, celery, nuts and seeds for snacks
- homemade baked sweet potato chips and fries
- spaghetti squash with homemade marinara
- lots of homemade soups including a raw tomato and vegetable soup, roasted tomato soup, and black bean soup
Eating out continues to be the challenge but I’m trying to make the best choices possible.
Here’s to my almost half way mark! Follow along at #21daysofclean.